While summer is often associated with romance and activities for couples and families, there are many wonderful things you can do yourself this summer in Denbighshire.
Be inspired by our list of perfect activities for a bit of well-deserved me time.
1. Climb to the top of the limestone cliffs at Loggerheads Country Park for an unbeatable view of Moel Famau.
2. Cross the Harbour Bridge in Rhyl by foot or bicycle and enjoy a seaside coffee in the hub café
3. Experience the new visitor centre at Britain’s smallest Cathedral in St Asaph.
4. Be inspired by Ruthin Craft Centre, the leading applied arts gallery in wales, attend a workshop and learn a new craft, for a full list visit.
5. Unlock Wales’s best kept secret with your very own key to the ancient walls of Denbigh. Key available from the library.
6. Pick up a recipe, purchase the ingredients locally and do your best to replicate the dish at home.
7. Take a leisurely horse drawn boat from Llangollen Wharf to the beautiful Horseshoe Falls.
8. Go back in time and catch a train for a ten mile journey from Corwen to Llangollen.
9. Enjoy the calm oasis of the beautifully restored Lord’s Garden at Nantclwyd y Dre. The newly rejuvenated garden has features dating back to Medieval times.
10. Go exploring your local vintage shops or car boot sales, including charity shops, you never know what hidden treasures you might find.
11. Stroll the gardens, or explore the gothic cottage of the Ladies of Llangollen.
13. Walk on water with the increasingly popular stand up paddle boarding. You can even take your dog!
14. Try out a new work out class be it yoga, pilates or spin or go for a swim in the local pool.
15. Book a spa treatment or maybe a facial or massage and spend some time being pampered- or if that’s not in budget, take a bath, give yourself a home facial and call it a day!