The River Ffyddion rises 4.5 miles to the east of here and is joined a mile away at Marian Mills by water from a spring called Ffynnon Asa. After falling some 70 feet over this waterfall the river makes its way westwards and joins the River Clwyd west of Rhuddlan.
The Domesday Book of 1086 mentions a mill in the Dyserth area, but whether it was located at the waterfalls is not known
The path up the steps between the walls continues over the hill and joins public footpaths to the upper village and the Dyserth-Prestatyn walkway. It also joins the Dyserth Circular Walk.